The Road To Four

Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Sense of humor required


So in my last post, I was a bit of an Eeyore. My heart's desire was to be able to leave on or around the 23rd of January. I felt that was a stretch but I was hopeful. So, we get an email yesterday saying that there is a chance that travel approvals may be coming in soon and if it were to come today (Wednesday) would we consider traveling next Thursday. Like, 8 days from now. That was not even something I considered possible. That's downright crazy. After discussing it last night, we should "Sure, why not?!"  1:00 today, we get the email. Travel Approval has arrived!
What does that mean? We could be leaving mid  next week to travel to China.  We still need to wait to confirm our consulate appointment.  That "should" happen by Friday.  If it does, we leave next week.   Have we booked tickets? Nope.  Have we packed?  Nope.



Crazier still, Adam is traveling for business early next week.  I can do this.  I WILL do this.  Why? Because I trust God 100%.
First stop, Beijing.
I'm so glad God has a sense of humor.
On January 21st, we will meet our son.
I will tell him this story one day.  The crazy, hysterical, and sometimes unbelievable story of the road we walked.  The road to four.  












1 comment:

  1. Don't forget to pack Gram-pa Mike, or take him as a "carry on".

    ReplyDelete