The Road To Four

Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Chasing a sunset

So many unanswered questions, so much anticipation, my plane ride home from my (very productive) business trip to Iowa has provided another opportunity for quiet reflection...

I noticed as we took off to the west the the sun was just starting to set. Being a softy for sunsets and sunrises (ask my kids how often I point out the sunrise when we drive to school in the morning) I was glad I had a window seat to soak it in for a few min as we ascended. But wait, we are flying west, and so is the sun. Here we are, chasing a sunset. We are an hour and 10 min and it is just now fading from purple to orange, it will probably be gone by the time we land in Denver.

Picture below was taken at 1 hour 20 flight time.

It was a good chase, but not meant to be this time.

The beauty of God's creation and the unexpected opportunity to experience it knocks me off my feet once again.

I needed this reflection. God's got this.

Lets do it

Tomorrow we chase a sunset, but a little further west this time.

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations on surviving the long flight! Sleep well tonight. Enjoy all the sights this weekend and of course, the sunset.
    Love Jen

    ReplyDelete