The Road To Four

Sunday, December 30, 2012

As promised

I said we would post pictures of our little man's room.  Ta da!  Room is done!   We didn't repaint, or buy any furniture.   Ok, I did buy the little panda chair.  Couldn't resist that.  This is truly a room filled with history and love.  


I have to share the crib story.  This crib was handcrafted by my better half.   13 years ago.  Each of my children have had sweet dreams in this crib.   2 of my nieces have also placed their little heads down to sleep in this crib.  My heart smiles at the fact that Michael will sleep in this same crib.    We wish for you many sweet dreams little one.


The twin bed is there for us.  We know there could be some rough nights ahead.  Chris and Rach have already asked if they can be the ones to stay with him when he cries.  Not their job,  but so incredible to see that they are equally excited to bring their little brother home.    


The wall hanging was given to us by Aunt Barb and Uncle Scott.  Some of the most thoughtful people we know and we are blessed to call them family.    The quilt on the rocking chair was a true labor of love.   My grandma, not enough words to express my love for this woman, taught me to hand quilt.  We picked out the fabric together, laughed and loved, as we worked on this blanket for Michael.    The quilt is waiting on the rocking chair that my mom would use to rock me to sleep.  I'm forever grateful to be able to rock another little one to sleep in this very chair. 

The toys and clothes,  oh my word! Thanks to Grandma Junge for helping me organize toys and clothes for an entire day.    And many thanks to everyone who has shared their hand me down toys and clothes with Michael.  We are so grateful!

 
 The Chinese lettering was a gift from my sister who has been an incredible support through this entire process.    "Blessings".  Appropriate. 
 
 

3 comments:

  1. Beautiful. I can't wait to meet Michael.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy new year Michael. You are a wonderful new years blessing to our family! Love you.
    Aunt Jen, Uncle Zach, Zoe, Brooke, Harrison.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Praying for a travel approval this week! Everyone is Washington is so excited to meet you. Love you
    Aunt Jen, Uncle Zach, Zoe, Brooke, Harrison

    ReplyDelete