The Road To Four

Friday, December 28, 2012

Status

I had great intentions for the blog.  I truly did.  But, I'm slightly behind in updating everyone on our adoption status.  So much has happened.  We are close, very close, to travel. 

On Friday, December 21st, our Article 5 was picked up from the US consulate in China.  This is immigration visa paperwork for Michael.   All approvals are complete and visas are done.  Next step, Travel Approval or TA in adoption world.  Once we receive our TA, we will hopefully be able to travel within 2 weeks.  Things happen very fast at this point. 

China is taking around 2-3 weeks to issue TA after the article 5 is picked up.  Here's where your prayers come in.  We are hoping to travel and be back home before Chinese New Year.  This would mean we would need to leave by the 23rd or 24th of January.  If we don't leave by then, we are delayed by approximately 3 weeks as China shuts down adoption proceedings to celebrate the holiday.   For those of you that know me well, I'm a planner.  And, dare I say it, I like to have a little control over certain situations.  I have none with this.  This is completely in God's hands and I know with all that I have, that His plan is perfect.  I will trust in this.  So, we pray for a quick TA and leave it at that.  Michael will be here one way or the other, but this family is ready for that sweet boy to be HOME!

No comments:

Post a Comment