The Road To Four

Saturday, June 1, 2013

Adoption Rocks

Yes, it may sound cliché, but I truly cannot believe we have been home with this blessing for four months now.   Time is flying and I have to force myself to slow down.  I desperately don't want to miss a moment of his life.  I've missed too much already. However, I'm so thankful for the woman halfway around the world, choosing life for my son.   As I sit and rock him before bed every night, I literally marvel at his perfect eyes and think of the gift that is "Michael."   I find myself hoping that somehow, someway, she will know he is ok.  He is loved. 

A lot can happen in four months, and it has!  In the last four months, Big Mike has accomplished many things.  Most recently,


Palate repair (that surgery is no joke)




Dedication-God is so good






First swim










Other recent pictures

















First churro from Costco ;)




A huge change from the day we first held him in our arms




He has started speech therapy.  He is communicating quite a bit.  Everyday, he seems to learn a new word or work on a new sound.  He is babbling and making us constantly laugh with his ever changing expressions.   He absolutely loves music and has some stellar dance moves.  He's opinionated, passionate, and hysterically funny.  He makes the sweetest "owie" face when he sees somebody is hurt and flashes a pretty awesome "I love you" sign on a regular basis.   He's a peanut at 20 lbs,  yet he's discovered he's not too small to open the pantry to help himself to a lollipop.   Just four months ago, a scared, expressionless baby boy was handed to us.  What has occurred in the last four months is enough to bring me to my knees, and it does regularly.  Adoption has it's challenges, adoption is a long road that we have just started travelling, but can I just say, Adoption Rocks.   

Although our hands and hearts are full, I cannot stop thinking about the other children needing a family.  My heart is broken for each and every one of them.   Although we do not plan on adding more to our family, I vow to continually advocate for these children.  Please pray for these kiddos.   The need is great, but God is big and I know not one of these children will go unnoticed to Him.  
 

1 comment:

  1. It is truly amazing what has transpired in just 4 months. I think he is either going to be a swimmer or a golfer, (the hat is great and fits his personality).

    ReplyDelete