The Road To Four

Saturday, April 27, 2013

Surgery Day - Day 3 - the saga continues

Not much has changed since yesterday.  Michael is still in the hospital,  Kerri is still in the hospital with him, he is pretty fussy and not very comfortable, he will occasionally eat a little something, but rarely wants to drink anything.

I asked Kerri yesterday if there was a "Strong willed Child" section in the adoption paperwork that we somehow missed :)   This little guy without a doubt has a strong will.  I like to think of it as having fight.  He has a will and a drive to fight for what he wants regardless of what that is.  I love that he has that fight.  I don't like fighting against it,  but I love that he has it.  This hospital stay and his refusal to drink is yet another chapter in his story.   A chapter that I hope is short rather than long.

So,  unfortunately,  no reports of miraculous guzzling...

Please keep praying that Michael will turn the corner and decide that eating and drinking is a GOOD thing.  We just want him HOME!

The older kids and I are heading to the hospital in a few minutes to get Kerri some comfort items, and some coffee.  I'm hoping having the kids there will perk Michael up a bit too.  Andrew has a double header this afternoon so we will wait and see the best way to make that happen.   Our 'village' has stepped up in the last couple of days to help with the kids,  bring us food etc.  THANK YOU for your help.  We love you guys!

As I'm finishing this up, I just got a text from Kerri that Michael has a fever.  Please pray for healing for our little man!

Thank you!

-Adam-

1 comment:

  1. Sending our prayers. Thinking of you all. Triple header day.

    ReplyDelete