The Road To Four

Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Waiting

So it's the Christmas season.  My favorite holiday of the year.  I absolutely love the family time, the cozy fires, the Christmas lights and the joy.   BUT....For some reason, this year has been different.  I've been a little melancholy about the whole thing.    As we were hanging the stockings, it hit me that one was missing.  Adam felt it too.   In the midst of this most beautiful holiday,  I'm a little bummed.  I'm blessed and have no complaints, but one of my children is half way across the world and he has a part of my heart with him.  I want him home.  There, I said it. 

For those of you that know me well, you know I love music.  I really love christian music.  Music has a way of speaking to me.  I know God uses it.  My kids have some of their best worship times in the car on the way home from school as we blast the tunes.   One of our family's favorite christian groups is Third Day.  Love them.   Random rambling about my love for music but there's a connection...promise. 

I came across a link tonight to a Third Day Christmas song.  I won't try to explain it, but God did it again.   It sums up everything.   I had to share.  It's beautiful and yes, I may have shed a tear or two. 




I will start cross stitching his stocking tonight.  I will love Michael from here for now.  I will thank God for his many gifts.   And I will choose to not lose the Joy that is Christmas. 

Let it snow!

Kerri




1 comment:

  1. Is that song perfect, or what?! Sending you a hug -- from both of us.

    ReplyDelete